Fishy Drama


Sorry for not posting this at the start of the month.
I am figuring for this month I would try and create characters that are fish. It has been done many times before I'm sure, but for myself, I am trying to build a bigger design vocabulary, and this months word for me is fish.
I plan on designing a small gang of fish set to West side story. I admit that I have not seen this film ,which is good because I might make some changes later on, but overall I will keep it in tact.
The main reason for using an existing story was to try and simulate the role of a character designer when he/she is hired for a project. I'll read up on the plot , gather some reference and hope, by the end of the month,to have created the main characters and maybe conceptualize some scenes.
When all is said and done, perhaps I could use these characters for a more original story sometime in the future.
I hope that everyone else has an opportunity to participate and if so please do not feel that you need to be locked into "West Side Story" story.