Fishy Drama 2



In this post I have some rough fish drawings. Here I was trying to figure what style to use. Originally I was going to just draw them as regular fish with some accents to them to help establish the decade they are in. I soon scrapped that idea for one that would better represent the time period.
The bottom page pretty much has a general idea of most of the "Jets" and the bottom left shows what I currently have for the leader of the "Sharks".
When I clean them up, my hope is to have them look in such a way that the viewer can get a head start on the personality type. Once I establish the look of the characters, I will try and compose them in story situations that will better illustrate their personality's.
The more I draw these guys, the more I want to change the general idea behind the story to one that is mostly about the lead character having to make a moral decision and changing from who he once. I don't know if that would be considered a coming of age movie.
We'll see.